FBT-400 Flexible Low Loss High Power Communications Coax
- High Power Base Station Jumper Assemblies
- In-Building Plenum Feeder Runs
- Any High Power Low Loss RF cable application
- FBT-400 is an indoor/outdoor highly fire retardant cable intended specifically for runs within and between base station cabinets. It is also applicable for return air handling plenums (e.g., dropped ceilings, raised floors). It has a UL/NEC rating of ‘CL2P’ for plenum applications.
- Flexibility and bendability are hallmarks of the FBT-400 cable design. The flexible outer conductor enables the tightest bend radius available for any cable of similar size and performance.
- Low Loss is another hallmark feature of FBT-400. Size for size FBT-400 has the lowest loss of any flexible cable and comparable loss to semirigid hard-line cables.
- RF Shielding is 50 dB greater than typical single shielded coax (40 dB). The multi-ply bonded foil outer conductor is rated conservatively at > 90 dB (i.e. >180 dB between two adjacent cables).
- Weatherability: FBT-400 cables designed for outdoor exposure incorporate FEP jackets for UV resistance and have life expectancy in excess of 20 years.
- Connectors: A wide variety of connectors are available for FBT-400 cable, including all common interface types with solder center pins. Most FBT-400 connectors employ crimp outer attachment using standard hex crimp sizes.
- Cable Assemblies: FBT-400 is available as pre-terminated cable assemblies. Scott Cables FBT-400 cable assemblies are made under license in the UK. Please contact us with your requirements.
- Information Sheet