LMR-240 Flexible Low Loss Communications Coax
- Jumper Assemblies in Wireless Communications Systems
- Short Antenna Feeder runs
- Any application (e.g. WLL, GPS, LMR, WLAN, WISP, WiMax, SCADA, Mobile Antennas) requiring an easily routed, low loss RF cable
- LMR-240 standard is a UV Resistant Polyethylene jacketed cable designed for 20-year service outdoor use. The bending and handling characteristics are significantly better than air-dielectric and corrugated hard-line cables.
- Flexibility and bendability are hallmarks of the LMR-240 cable design. The flexible outer conductor enables the tightest bend radius available for any cable of similar size and performance.
- Low Loss is another hallmark feature of LMR-240. Size for size LMR-240 has the lowest loss of any flexible cable and comparable loss to semirigid hard-line cables.
- RF Shielding is 50 dB greater than typical single shielded coax (40 dB). The multi-ply bonded foil outer conductor is rated conservatively at > 90 dB (i.e. >180 dB between two adjacent cables).
- Weatherability: LMR-240 cables designed for outdoor exposure incorporate the best materials for UV resistance and have life expectancy in excess of 20 years.
- Connectors: A wide variety of connectors are available for LMR-240 cable, including all common interface types, reverse polarity, and a choice of solder or non-solder center pins. Most LMR-240 connectors employ crimp outer attachment using standard hex crimp sizes.
- Cable Assemblies: LMR-240 is available as pre-terminated cable assemblies. Scott Cables LMR-240 cable assemblies are made under license in the UK. Please contact us with your requirements.
- Information Sheet