LMR-400-FR-DB Flexible Low Loss Communications Coax
- Drop-in replacement for RG-8/9913 Air-Dielectric type Cable
- Jumper Assemblies in Wireless Communications Systems
- Short Antenna Feeder runs
- Any application (e.g. WLL, GPS, LMR, WLAN, WISP, WiMax, SCADA, Mobile Antennas) requiring an easily routed, low loss RF cable
- LMR-400-FR-DB is a non-halogen (non-toxic), low smoke, fire retardant cable designed for in-building runs that can be routed anywhere except air handling plenums. LMR-400-FR-DB is UL/NEC & CSA rated ‘CMR’ and ‘FT4’ respectively, meets FAA FAR25 requirements and is MSHA-P for mining applications. LMR-400-FR-DB is identical to standard LMR-400-FR plus has the advantage of being watertight. The addition of waterproofing compound in and around the foil/braid insures continuous reliable service should the jacket be inadvertently damaged during installation or in the future.
- Flexibility and bendability are hallmarks of the LMR-400-FR-DB cable design. The flexible outer conductor enables the tightest bend radius available for any cable of similar size and performance.
- Low Loss is another hallmark feature of LMR-400-FR. Size for size LMR-400-FR-DB has the lowest loss of any flexible cable and comparable loss to semirigid hard-line cables.
- RF Shielding is 50 dB greater than typical single shielded coax (40 dB). The multi-ply bonded foil outer conductor is rated conservatively at > 90 dB (i.e. >180 dB between two adjacent cables).
- Weatherability: LMR-400 cables designed for outdoor exposure incorporate the best materials for UV resistance and have life expectancy in excess of 20 years.
- Connectors: A wide variety of connectors are available for LMR-400-FR-DB cable, including all common interface types, reverse polarity, and a choice of solder or non-solder center pins. Most LMR connectors employ crimp outer attachment using standard hex crimp sizes.
- Cable Assemblies: LMR-400-FR-DB is available as pre-terminated cable assemblies. Scott Cables LMR-400-FR-DB cable assemblies are made under license in the UK. Please contact us with your requirements.